About Me

A slightly over-educated sailor sharing the wet and dry sides of his life.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Oops...!

Sorry about those ls two posts: Not in chronological order. They were sent via the ship's email, and I had a hang-up with rememebering my blog's email address. At least I dated the entries, in case something like this happened. There you go...

So I'm back in Seattle for a few hours today. The Kauai arrived in the wee hours of the morning, as usual. I would have headed home, right away, except that 0800 was all hands for lowering the starboard lifeboat. Every so-many months, the boats have to be tested in the water and puttered about a little. This is not a major thing; however, it's a bummer when it keeps you from being home--though as brief as it may be--with your sweetie-pie. Since the ship was all fast around 0215, and then a fuel barge came alongside shortly afterwards, I wasn't off the deck until around 0300. Since I would have needed to leave home around 0700, to make the lifeboat drop at 0800, there was no point in spending the night at home. Wahh! Since I was aboard, I was callec back out at 0645 to let go the fuel barge. Not much sleep for this dude.

Well, I'm not going to spend all my time at home blogging, so I shall leave off here and attend to that which calls me.

Ciao!
--Dave

No comments: