About Me

A slightly over-educated sailor sharing the wet and dry sides of his life.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Weird Stuff Found on Ship part 1

Red-tailed Tropicbird

Red-tailed Tropicbird

Here are a couple of pictures of some odd or unusual things I've encountered aboard ship.

The first is a Red-Tailed Tropicbird. I actually encountered it while aboard my last ship, the Matson containership S.S. Kauai. However, since my current ship, the S.S. Maui, is the sister ship to the Kauai and replaced her on the same run, it seemed fair game.

This bird was found stranded and seasick. Seasick? Yes. The ship's motion is too foreign to seabirds and leaves them too incapacitated to fly off. This one received a hand from me and held over the railing to fly back to the water.


Mobile Blogging from here.

No comments: